Center for Enhancement of Mathematics Education
Director: Davida Fischman, Co-Director: Shawnee McMurran
Website: Center for Enhancement of Mathematics Education
The Center for Enhancement of Mathematics Education addresses the continuum of mathematics education from kindergarten through college. Their focus is primarily on enhancing content and pedagogy of pre-service and in-service teachers, with the ultimate goal of improving readiness for college level mathematics among students in the Inland Empire. The following activities will support these goals:
- Create and sustain partnerships with schools, districts, and local counties
- Provide ongoing coherent teacher professional development programs, as well as self-contained workshops and institutes.
- Build leadership capacity in local schools and districts.
- Assist teachers in earning their California teaching credential.
- Provide supportive resources for local teachers to enrich instruction and to fill in knowledge gaps. Begin this process while students are undergraduates.
- Provide incentives and mentoring for pre-service teachers to work in low-performing schools
- Develop and offer seminars on teaching strategies for TA’s, part-time faculty and full time faculty at CSUSB and other interested institutions.
- Raise funds to carry out the activities described above.